Flinders Peak Medical Centre
Evidence-based, Family and General Medicine
Phone: (07) 5464 6765
Suite 1 / 355 Ipswich-Boonah Road
PURGA QLD 4306
Situated in the City of Ipswich
Fax: (07) 54646888
Book your appointment online – click on the green bar below to go to the bookings page:
Monday to Friday: Our receptionists answer the phone 7.00 am to 4.00 pm depending on the availability of our doctors.
Sunday: ring to hear our recorded message regarding opening times.
Public holidays: closed.
We will be closed over the Christmas period from Saturday 23 December 2023 to Monday 1 January 2024 inclusive.
The Flinders Peak Medical Centre doctors are not currently taking new patients.
Our current policy to manage COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) is:
– Symptomatic patients must wear a mask inside the surgery. Symptomatic patients will have to provide their own mask. We have no capacity to provide masks.
– Symptomatic patients are asked to complete a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) before attending their appointment here, and only attend if the RAT test is negative.
– If you have COVID-19 and/or flu and are an existing patient of the main surgery, and you wish to speak to a doctor you can book a Telehealth appointment. To be bulk-billed for this you must be an existing patient of the main surgery, have had an in-person consultation with one of our doctors inside the main surgery in the past 12 months, and have a current Medicare card number. Please ring our Reception to book a Telehealth appointment. Telehealth appointments cannot be booked online.
– If you have COVID-19 you can only enter the surgery 7 days from the date of the positive test if you have no symptoms.
– We may have immunocompromised patients attending the practice. Please follow our requirements to protect all parties including yourself.
Symptoms of COVID-19 are:
high temperatures / fever
shortness of breath (if severe ring for an ambulance on 000)
unusual sweating / chills / night sweats
blocked nose / congestion / sinus-like feeling
scratchy or sore throat
lower back pain
loss of sense of taste
loss of sense of smell
aches and pains
unusual tiredness / fatigue / lethargy
sore eyes / conjunctivitis
nausea / vomiting
frequent burping / acid reflux / indigestion